Forum

× Ask Anything You Want About Sleep and Dreams

I saw myself dead

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #1 by melyoung

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • I saw myself dead was created by melyoung
    Last night I had a horrible dream. I dreamed i was dead. I thought i already woke up because my dream seemed real. In my dream i didnt know I was dead until some stranger in my dream told me I am already dead. Then when I arrived home, no one was talking to me until I saw myself in a coffin delivered at our house & I wondered why my body was only half. My dream for me really seemed real. I feel so sad and hoping I was not dead yet.. Until I woke up & realized it was all a dream afterall.

What could this possibly mean? pls help. thanks :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #2 by CC

• Premium Member
    • Premium Member

• Thank you received: 14

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Replied by CC on topic I saw myself dead
    Yours is not an uncommon dream, nor was it a psychic vision. Dreams are symbolic expressions of our feelings about our life at the time we had the dream. Death and coffins are common symbols. Here are links to their definitions on this site:

death: dreamdoctor.com/dream-dictionary/definitions/death.html
    coffin: dreamdoctor.com/dream-dictionary/definitions/coffin.html

You didn't provide any background about what was going on in your life at the time of the dream, so it's impossible to guess what changes in our life might have triggered it. But, based on the symbols, it should be pretty obvious to you what it is. The silver lining of these dreams is that you are aware of the fact that something in your life has changed (or "died") and you are witnessing the transition. Just because you don't know what the future holds doesn't mean it will be bad. You still have the power to make the transition ("resurrection") a powerful and rewarding experience.

If you wouldn't mind, please share what was going on in your life with the community.

Thanks and good luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: sergent sup
    To access our Dreamcast Library, log in, then click here.
    Not registered? Click here.

It's free! No fees or subscriptions.