Forum

× Women's Dreams

Boyfriend being shot in head in front of me.

11 years 1 month ago #1 by Maslam1

• User is blocked
  • User is blocked

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • So I've had this dream twice now and both times is has been the same. It's hard to remember as it was last week I had these dreams. What I do remember is it being night time in an old wood house, it felt welcoming and like I lived there. I remember there being a number of small rooms mostly bed rooms and it seemed to be a lot of our friends living there as well as myself and my boyfriend. I remember walking around the house, not doing anything out of the norm just walking around. Then I walk out side to a number of people(including my boyfriend) fighting with an old man who lived next door about us being to noisy. They was lots of yelling but no physical fighting the man then walks inside he house and we all run back to our house. But while running back to our house it felt blurry almost as if I were drunk. i remember just seeing my boyfriend among all the blur. Once back in the house I walk to a room at the back of the house, where my boyfriend, one of his mates and a girl I've never met are sitting on the floor playing Xbox, next thing my boyfriend is shot in the head through the large window. It almost seemed like no one cared but I remember pausing then running over to him and as he died he was trying to say something but i kept saying something over the top of him. and just before he died I freaked out and run out of the room and hide in another dark room. All I could hear was people walking around saying he died and then I would wake up. Any help would be great, because I'm completely lost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #2 by CC

• dream enthusiast
    • dream enthusiast

• Thank you received: 14

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • To understand your dream, it'll be helpful for you to know the meaning of the symbols in the dream. Here are links to their definitions on this site:

house: dreamdoctor.com/dream-dictionary/definitions/house.html
    night: dreamdoctor.com/dream-dictionary/definitions/night.html
    dark: dreamdoctor.com/dream-dictionary/definitions/dark.html
    room: dreamdoctor.com/dream-dictionary/definitions/room.html
    yelling: dreamdoctor.com/dream-dictionary/definitions/yelling.html
    fighting: dreamdoctor.com/dream-dictionary/definitions/fighting.html
    blurry: dreamdoctor.com/dream-dictionary/definit...ry-lover-s-face.html
    shot: dreamdoctor.com/dream-dictionary/definitions/shot.html
    window: dreamdoctor.com/dream-dictionary/definitions/window.html
    dead: dreamdoctor.com/dream-dictionary/definitions/death.html
    hiding: dreamdoctor.com/dream-dictionary/definitions/hiding.html

Dreams are symbolic expressions of your feelings about your waking life at the time you had it. Dreams are self-created and not psychic events, although they can be predictive because they can reflect our intuition about what is going on around us. That being said, DON'T take this dream literally. Your boyfriend will not be shot. However, you are concerned that he has or will be "shot" symbolically.

It's hard to say exactly what your dream means without knowing the waking life background that generated it. But, you are definitely concerned about an "old man" in your waking life and your boyfriend being taken out by him. There are a lot of clues that point to the dream being about your personal, social and maybe even family life, based on the people (your friends & boyfriend) who are in the dream and its location (the neighborhood.)

The key to understanding your dream is the identity of the "old man." Given that he argues with your friends, lives nearby, and takes out your boyfriend, suggest that it could be your father or some other father-like figure in your waking life. Whoever it is doesn't like your friends or apparently your boyfriend. Sound familiar? The fact that it occurs in darkness and at night reflects your sense of uncertainty about what is going to happen. Ultimately, you want to hide or take cover from it.

An important truth about dreams: feelings are never disguised. So, how you feel IN the dream is how you feel about its subject in your waking life. In the dream, you feel concerned, anxious and ultimately terrified and sad. Does that sound and/or feel familiar?

Knowing the meaning of your dream will help you figure out what to do about the cause of your dream in your waking life, because you don't want to have that dream again, right? Recurring dreams are always about issues that remain unresolved. Sometimes, just knowing their meaning will make them go away. If you are concerned about what to do about that waking life situation, don't hesitate to share your dream and your feelings with someone you trust.

Please share with us the circumstances that triggered your dream so we can all better understand it. In the meantime, I hope that this has been helpful.

Good luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: sergent sup
    To access our Dreamcast Library, log in, then click here.
    Not registered? Click here.

It's free! No fees or subscriptions.