× Women's Dreams

Am I dying?

12 years 5 months ago #1 by mstanner818

• new dreamer
  • new dreamer

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Am I dying? was created by mstanner818
    We were in a 2-3 story house (older). I felt really tired. My mind seemed clear, my body was just super tired. Mom asked why I was so down, I said "How should I feel? I've only got 2-3 months to live', apparently I was dying of cancer. I spent alot of time on the second floor in my room, which had a large screened in balcony. The floor seemed to be slanted as if it was added on to the roof. Someone heard a noise from the attic, so Justin climbed the stairs to retrieve a green and black snake. at first the snake was small but as he got closer it was about 2-4 inches around and coiled up. He was holding it, which is crazy because he is deathly affraid of snakes. I didnt see the head just the body. the top was black and the bottom was bright green.

****I have had thryoid cancer, about 5 years ago

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #2 by CC

• dream enthusiast
    • dream enthusiast

• Thank you received: 14

• Replied by CC on topic Re: Am I dying?
    Based on the meaning of the symbols in your dream, your dream does seem to be related to your health concerns... but not in a psychic or precognitive sense. Dreams are reflections of your feelings about your waking life at the time of the dream. Feelings in dreams are never disguised, so how you feel in your dream is how you feel about its subject in waking life. In your dream, you feel very tired, maybe even fatigued(?) Struggling with the threat of cancer for 5 years would be fatiguing for anyone.

Here are links to the other symbols in your dream...

house

home-attic

snake

Hope this helps!

Be well!

12 years 5 months ago #3 by mstanner818

• new dreamer
    • new dreamer

• Thank you received:

• Replied by mstanner818 on topic Re: Am I dying?
    To clearify - I dont really think I am dying, however it does add a little concern. This is the first health related dream I have had since I was diagnosed. I try NOT to focus any attention on my lack of good health, since there seems to be little I can do about it. Maybe by trying NOT to think about it, I have caused it to appeal to my subconcious, thus showing up in my dream.

12 years 5 months ago #4 by CC

• dream enthusiast
    • dream enthusiast

Dreams expose what you are really feeling. Consciously suppressing your feelings might explain why it presented as it did. Jung used to say: "that which we deny becomes our fate." In this case, it wouldn't be a health result as much as perhaps a bubbling up of the concerns.

You didn't say who Jason was, but the family home setting and your mother's presence in the room could mean that the dream is related to a family issue. How did you feel when you saw the snake... scared, curious, amazed? That should give you a better sense of its subject. The more obtuse the dream imagery, the more you are subconsciously "protecting" yourself from its meaning/message. As the dreamer, only you can validate what it means.

12 years 5 months ago #5 by mstanner818

• new dreamer
    • new dreamer

• Thank you received:

• Replied by mstanner818 on topic Re: Am I dying?
    I didnt recognize the house, but I seemed to be living there. I dream about old houses ALOT like every other day or two, some the same, some different, but none I recognize. I only heard my moms voice, never actually saw her. There were kids in the house, my kids and maybe some others, but I didnt see them a lot. Justin is my husband and he and I both are deathly affraid of snakes. I wasnt scared of the snake though. I dont remember how I felt but I was scared or upset as I would normally be with a snake that close to me. As he was coming back down the stairs it first appeared as a small grass snake, but as he got to doorway it was much larger, and he was carrying it all coiled up. I never saw the head (which is the worst part about a snake to me). And I dont recall it moving very much. It must have been doing something to make a noise heard on the bottom floor, which was why he went up there. I woke up about the time he reached the doorway and I could see the colors on the snake good.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #6 by CC

• dream enthusiast
    • dream enthusiast

If it feels like a place or person you know in the dream but it looks different, just go with it. Sometimes the "spin" that the dream puts on familiar people or objects provides extra information about how you feel about it, but try to avoid the temptation to be distracted by those details. There's a great article about how to interpret dreams on the results page of all Dream Wizard results. If you haven't read them, they will provide great insight into the dream interpretive process!

With the additional waking life details you have supplied about your dream (that you are surrounded by family and are in the family house), you may want to consider an alternative interpretation. What else might that snake represent? "A snake in a dream often represents someone in waking life who is capable of attacking without warning (snake in the grass)." Symbols that grow large in a dream reflect issues that you perceive as growing large or looming in your waking life. Because the cancer is not a front-burner issue in your life, and your husband is carrying the snake (which is coiled, a sign that it is ready to strike), the snake may represent someone your husband is trying to "handle"... someone who you perceive to be a threat to your family and the family home. Its movement or lack thereof and its color are less relevant than the fact that it is a snake.

Does that help shed any more light on it for you? (please excused the pun)

Moderators: sergent sup
    To access our Dreamcast Library, log in, then click here.
    Not registered? Click here.

It's free! No fees or subscriptions.